Sunday, August 14, 2011

Configuring my Kenwood TK-80 for digital modes




Kenwoold TK-80

Mic details

Pin 1 MIC
Pin 2 PTT (pull to ground for PTT) Make shore you use pin 8 GND for PTT
Pin 3 DOWN
Pin 4 UP
Pin 5 + 8VOLT Some models ( 10 Ma )
Pin 6 (N/C Some models )
Pin 7 MIC GROUND.
Pin 8 GROUND ( STBY )

I use the interface board from Giga Technology here is the link

http://www.giga.co.za/ocart/image/cache/data/Radio_interface/Radio_Digi/Radio_digi_11-228x228.jpg

More details on a possible interface to your computer

http://zr6aic.blogspot.com/2012/02/packet-radio-on-ubuntu-using-soundmodem.html

9 comments:

  1. Hi there I'm looking to buy one of these units, did you get it to work digital modes? Any advice on the transceiver? Do you still have the transceiver? I've only found information from Russia or Philippines. Sorry total noob here.
    Thanks and 73

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. It works fine with digital modes I was using it for PSK mail on 30m . I still have the transceiver and still works fine.
      73's

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply, as for the connection to the pc, did you built your own interface or found something pre-built? thanks again.

      Delete
    3. Can you share a picture of your interface or cable so I can build mine. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. May I ask what the name of this connector is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i have 2 tk 80 but i have no idea how to use ft8?. Please share details of tk 80 digital mood and, radio configuration and build interface. 73! S21TV

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, please guide me to build interface to run digital mode on my tk80.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have ftdi cable to connect with agc of tk80

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    I use the Radio Digi interface from from Giga Technology for the interface between Laptop and Radio
    Here is the link of the interface http://www.giga.co.za/ocart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=385&search=Radio+Digi

    ReplyDelete