Script to start rtl_tcp
1) Create a directory where you will store your scripts and where to save your process id.
2) Use your favorite text editor (vi ...) and create a file (start_rtl.sh) with the following content
3) Change the pid file path to your directory as well as where the rtl_tcp excusable is.
4) Add port , ip if so required.
5) to find the path to rtl_tcp directory just use the command type rtl_tcp and you should get the path returned.
#This program will write pid file
# We start app and create the pidfile
#Supported gain values for rtl_tcp (14): -1.0 1.5 4.0 6.5 9.0 11.5 14.0 16.5 19.0 21.5 24.0 29.0 34.0 42.0
sudo $PROGRAM -g 42.0 &
echo $PID > "$pidfile"
echo Program has started
Create a stop script wit your editor (stop_rtl.sh) in the same directory U created start script with the following content
#This program will readthe pid file
# We kill app and remove the pidfile``
kill -9 $pid2kill
To run or stop the scripts just run sudo ./start_rtl.sh or sudo ./stop_rtl.sh
Hope this helps.